Friday, January 20, 2012

January 16, 2012

Hey Family!!
 
I am glad to hear that everybody is doing well!! That is great and i am happy that Erwin is doing well and that he has strong desires to go to church. I hope that Josh can go to church too, but i can tell you all that i will be more than happy to help him!! I think that all those evidences of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon are really cool and they are really valid as well. i like knowing things like that because i know that the Book of Mormon is true and there is alot of people that dont, but maybe if they just spent some time tryingto figure out if it is true, they can come up with a logical reason before receiving a confrimation from our Father in Heaven, however that is the most important thing, asking God if it is true.
I am happy to hear that you and mom are reading the scriptures. We would really be lost without them in our lives. I really didnt take advantage of the scriptures before the mission, but know that they are true. I love reading the scriptures now. I know that i will never stop reading them until i die. Like what Hans said, there is never an end to learning.
This last week we had interviews with the president and we also gave a little lesson to the missionaries in our zone. I am happy that i have had the opportunity to serve the other misionaires in my zone. They are all great people and have good intention on helping the people. Serving a mission has been amazing. I have learned alot while i have been out here. It is kinda funny because everybody talks about me going home. But the truth is that, yes i am excited to go home, but i am sure going to miss the mision. This has been the greatest dedication that i have every commited to do in my life, and it has been for a good portion of time. It is pretty crazy. I am happy to be able to work here these next two weeks . I hope that everything can go well so that we can have some baptisms here in Tolosa. I love you all and i am thankful for all that you are doing for me at home!!1 I thank you all for the letters and the love and prayers. I hope that you all have a great week and that you can have agreat experiences!!!! Stay happy and Be safe!!!
 
I love you all very much!!
 
Love Elder Shane Larson