Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 26, 2011

Hey FAMILY!!!!
 
Well, i hope that everybody had a fun time during Christmas!! That was great talking to you all and that was a huge blessing for me to be able to hear you all and talk. That is such  great blessing to be able to talk from such a long way away! I had a good time this last week. My companion and i just started this transfer this week. We got a couple of changes in the zone. There was an area that was split into 2 and there were elders taken out of one place and sisters put into it. I feel like this is going to be a good transfer here in La Plata. The time is winding down rapidly, but i know that there is still alot of work to be done. I am very happy and grateful for this last year that i was able to be here in Argentina and for the opportunity that i have had to meet some great people and teach them so that they can progress towards our Father in Heavens home. The mission is truly a great experience. This last week i was privlidged to be able to baptize a little boy named Misael. He is only 8 years old, but his parents arent members. they have to do some things in order to be able to be baptized, but he was still baptized theis last friday. He is a great little kid and is alway content. He is super funny as well. When it was time for him to be baptized, we entered the water and he was baptized. He was very happy afterwards and was also expressing his happiness before the baptism took place as well, but i can sure tell you what, i was also very happy after he was baptized. It was great!!! That was a good way to start off the Christmas weekend.
For the weekend we just ate in the pension.  the members gave us alot of food so we were happy about that as well. At night they throw off fireworks and that woke me and my compo up a little bit, but all is well. This week was pretty calm. We hope to have agreat month of missionary work here. I hope that it will be just like that: alot of work and alot of business.
 
I am really happy that i was able to talk to all of you and i am glad that yor are all doing well. I liked to converse like that. I will enjoying talking to all of you when i return, especially you two, dad and mom!! I love you all very much and i hope that you all have a great week and that you are all safe and that you can have a happy New Years!!!! My prayers are with you all!!
 
Love Elder Shane Larson