Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 29, 2010

Dear Family!!!!!!!!
 How is everybody doing!!! I hope that everythin is going well!!! it sounds like it is getting pretty cold up there!! It sounds like ryan is doing good with the family and all the animals and everything!!!! the sniper trainers licence sounds pretty cool and that now he can teach that kind of shooting. It sounds like erik and alesha are doing well and the kids are going to come and visit!! that will be fun. That is also a very impressive story that Kirsten has about that man that has a baptismal date. That is very good, help bringing the sheep unto the fold!!!!

This week was the same pretty much. There are still the 4 elders in the pension and one of them is leaving because he is ending his mission here this next week. Also i have got word that i am going to be leaving Mayol next week, on my birthday. My comp is going to be training so that means that i am leaving to another place. I  like moving around and seeing the area, the only thing is that i wont get to see the potential baptism cantidates get baptized when they are preapared. However, this is the life of the mission and the Lord has work for me in another area. I am not sure where i will be going but i will find out on Saturday.

We went out to work and we were able to go back to that one lady and have another lesson with her. She is a really nice lady and she understands things well. She reads the book of mormon and prays, but she doesnt understand that the church is the only church on earth that has the athority to act in God´s name. She doesnt see why she would have to change religions when what we talk about is basically what she hears in her church, the catholic church. I have faith that she can grow, she only needs to let the Spirit work in her a little bit more.

On sunday, my comp and i gave the principios del evangelio class. It was on the 2nd coming of Christ. I love topics like that, that are absolutely great and they get me really excited for some reason. 

Other than that, we had a very interesting lesson with a lady that thought she knew all about how we manage ourselves with money and what not, and how we need to pay the Vatican in order to be here. I was not sure what the Vatican had to do with anything, be we quickly ended that lesson and left because she was too focused on money and us being in Arg, than the gospel message. It was kinda funny because my comp got angry and was petty much yelling at this lady... but oh well. That was another reason that we had to end early, because my comp and her were starting to yell. hahaha

We had some good lessons this past week. Sadly, we havent been able to find a whole lot this last week, but we hope for the best this next upcoming week!(my last week ion Mayol)

Thanksgiving doesnt exist here, so there was no festivities or anything of that nature. It was pretty chill and relaxed. Last week i went on exchanges with an elder named Elder Brady Wanlass. He is really cool and he wrestled in my same weight class in high school. He is super super funny!!! It was a good exchange and i was able to learn from him and from our experiences together. 

Christ is the Savior of the World. He is the Good Shepherd and is the big Brother of us all. It is very hard to understand what he had to go through when he suffered for our sins, but it being Christmas time, it is good to focus on His birth and Life. Through His ministry He showed all the correct path. He was perfect and still is perfect at the right hand of God. He has power to cure us of all injury, affliction, or suffering. He is willing to do this all for us because He loves us soo much, and the only thing that He asks us is to follow Him. I know that my Savior lives and that He loves each and every one of us, His brothers and sisters. Through His atonement we can live again with the Father and our families and i know that through Him we can have peace and be happy! It is truly a blessing to be part of the Church of Christ and to know Him better. 

I love you all and i you are in my prayers!!! I hope for the best for all of you!!!

Love Elder Larson

ps. i dont think that that is a good talk (above). I know that Christ lives and loves us, and that the power of living the gospel can change us and we can become perfect in Him. I love my Savior and i wish that i can do better to be an example of Him.